Cincy, random notes from the rest of the weekend

I already posted a blow-by-blow account of Friday, but may as well get on
with the rest of it in bits and pieces....it was SUCH an awesome weekend.

Cars:
Noobs!!! What an awesome display of vehicles! Holy shit they had some
gorgeous machinery. There were  at least 13 Cincy virgins, that's just SO
awesome. Hope you guys all had fun and will plan to be there next year!!!!
Great to meet you, as brief as it was.

MkIs: Lots of them, and really nice ones too! Remarkable since these cars
are all pretty damn old!

Intercoolers: Was it me, or was there a lot more "plumbing" in engine bays
this year? Maybe it was Brett's reminder to pack your turbo?

Food: Pizza was fantastic, and so was the brisket. (mmmmm brisket....) It
was especially good this year, and I managed to score the very last
devilled egg too...sweet!!!!

Tech procedures: Looking back at pictures, seems like every other
picture...with the usual candidates hard at it. Julie ALMOST made it
without any this year, but the wind had other ideas.

Test drives: I didn't actually drive any except the mighty Fox (thanks
Satly), but rides included Daun's "first drive" in his Diamond Silver MkI,
some blasts into town in the uber-torquey Carrots (now with serious
fastness), and last but not least, Dan Bubb's nephew's car. THAT was very
bad......it will prove to be an expensive drive, I not only want one, I
NEED one.....yeah, really nice. Oh, and for 3D g forces, I managed to go up
for the photo shoot in Daun's 172. Always a pleasure.

Photo ops: I am the last holdout, stubbornly still shooting film. So this
means I have two rolls still trapped in cameras, but the B&W that's already
been liberated looks good. It was funny how many commented on me having a
digital with me, it's actually my second one, I've been snap-shooting with
one for years. SO many tasty things to kill film on.....

Home sucks (or domestics are good for something): I arrived home to
discover a note regarding insurance when I got in. Further investigation
revealed that the front end of the Focus was essentially absent. My
thoughts? a) it wasn't the Cabby, thank goodness
b) (sorry Rhett) she took a Cavalier off the road with it, and last but not
least, this ...c) rental car <evil laughter>

Oh there's more I'm sure, but work calls eh?
cathy