canada

I'd leave home anything that would make them think you're up to no good, I
mean, why do you need a gun, really? Canadians are unarmed (or we like to
think that). Also, anything that suggests illegal activities I'd ditch,
especially for a young male, like pot leaf ball caps, and your "Hells'
Angels" leathers, that stuff. Remove hat and sunglasses too, and turn down
the radio, that way they can get a good clear look at you / conduct a
decent "interview". I always have ID ready on the dash as I roll into the
booth, and I don't have any issues unless they're having a bad hair day.
But I'm going the opposite way, eh? Paperwork is the issue, if you have the
documents they want to see, you're golden.
Cathy