The official not at Cincy thread

>Need to notch out the
> passenger side frame on the bumper tunnel because the pulley tensioner only
> has 2-4mm clearance with the engine pushed all the way to the drivers side.

You do NOT need to notch the bumper tunnel. Yeah, the tensioner arm is pretty close, but the engine rocks fore-aft, not side-to-side. If you have good engine mounts, there should be no problem. I recommend poly and/or poly inserts. You can also shave the tensioner arm just a tad if you think it will help.

> Also have no idea what radiator or intercooler to use.

I've seen people manage to make the stock rad work, but I didn't see how. I used the Corrado radiator and hoses, which put the coolant ports on the driver's side, out of the way of the g-ladder. And mount it flat up against the hood landing instead of at the slight angle of the stock rad. The g-ladder will also be VERY close to the rad, but again, this should not be an issue because that point of the engine will be moving upward, not toward the rad. (If you're interested, I think I still have all the parts you'd need...I went back to a Scirocco rad with the twin-screw)

I raced the car with a g-ladder for two years before going to the twin-screw. There were never any signs of the tensioner or the g-ladder coming into contact with anything.

I have an air/water intercooler. IMHO, it is the only setup that works well considering the space limitations in front of the radiator. The setup on my twin-screw is very similar to how it was before with the g-ladder.

http://www.parts4vws.com/registry/registry_detail.asp?MemberCarID=212

> Found this headliner at JC Whitney but have no idea if it is any good.

I have the black cotton one. Bought it in 2003. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it looks, considering JC Whitney's reputation! Not exact match for OEM, but very nice and worth the price.

Neal
'77 Scirocco Twin Screw (formerly G60)