Oil companies/ SUV rants

This just brought something to mind ... and I could be completely wrong ...
I'm just thinking out loud here BUT:

Don't I remember hearing that some of those SUVs are technically classified
as trucks so the car companys' fleets appear to have higher MPG ratings?  If
so ... then maybe they should be required to obey those signs that say:
TRUCKS USE 2 RIGHT LANES or WEIGH STATION NEXT RIGHT.

Just a thought.

matt.