Stalling issues...

Hey, I am pretty new to Scirocco ownership. I just had my car in the shop and got a bunch of work done. Timing belt, wheel bearings, some exhaust work... Nothing too big.

I picked it up yesterday and it was having some problems idling. It would idle at a pretty solid 900-1000 rpm, but every now and then it would fluctuate and stall. While I was driving it was fine, just when idling. But the car would start back up easily.

This morning I went outside to start it, and it was hard to start at first, but eventually kicked over. It idles for a few seconds, then stalls. I tried giving it a little gas to keep it going, but as soon as I touch the gas pedal it stalls.

I am thinking it is the fuel pump relay, but I am not sure. I really want to get this fixed so I don't have to pay for towing from here (35 miles away from my house). And of course, I don't have any tools with me. Doh.

Advice? Thanks a ton in advance.

-Pete

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com