SOT: need EE advice on repairing a BMW wiring short

Check the fuses are the correct rating for the application. The motors, might be drawing too much current to open and close, thus popping the fuse, the PO may have changed the fuse to over come the problem instead fixing the cause.
The motors might be dirty and/or the tracks clogged so that it draws more power.
Again. Good luck!