Did i just buy a '78 Champaigne Edition?

I'd be very weary of paying to get it out of hock before you've got a deal
on the car itself. This just sounds very fishy to me. It may be worth the
extra day or two cost of keeping it in the tow yard to get the title signed
over to you before you pay to get it out. I guess I just don't understand
the need to work out a price "later." Why not work it out now and transfer
the title right away? It's not like this is a big dollar deal where you need
to get your ducks in a row, it's a car selling for less than a grand
(probably, havn't seen it or anything) and can be negotiated and transferred
in a matter of minutes. Get the title, then pay for the tow.