Brake Failure (In garage not on the street)

Well I think my master cylinder finally shit the bed.  Last night I was in
the garage cleaning up and my Scirocco was in the way so I lowered the
e-brake and push it out a little all was fine.  No problem moving.  So I put
it into gear and go about picking up my tool and cleaning up the floor.
Well its getting late so I go a push the car back in (yes I took it out of
gear)  it moves about 2" and then locks up.

I figure maybe it got stuck in gear so I go up front and the linkage was all
good and in neutral along with the shifter in the car.  So I try it again,
moves the same 2" and then locks up.

I get it the car and pull the e-brake a few times thinking that the cables
are locked up.  Try pushing again same thing.  But it wasn't the rear that
felt locked but the fronts.  So I go pump the brake pedal and it goes to the
flow with no pressure.  So I pump a few more times with the same pressure.

Would this be a good sign that the master went bad?

I ended up cranking the car over to move it into the garage and even then it
didn't want to move far.
-Brian

85 Scirocco 8vT       01 Jetta 20vT       84 Rabbit GTI