OMG! It's not the heat, well...

> Keep in mind the size of these towns! Dawson only has a population of
> 2,000, the Whitehorse metro region only has 21,000 people, and
> Yellowknife only 19,000. There is very little chance that there is a
> VW dealership in any of these towns, and a quick Google proves this.

Oddly, a search for Canadian VW dealerships turned up one in Whitehorse,
and one in Dawson City. I can't register a US car with Onatrio plates, it
would have to come from a Canadian dealer I'm sure. Anyway, maybe I'll hate
the car/ be too broke for one / whatever, but if all looks good, I'm SO up
for a roader to get my next new VW. Cross that bridge when I get
closer....but hell, it sure sounds like fun.

> For me to buy a new VW in Alaska is more likely, there is a VW
> dealership in Anchorage and one in Juneau (but no roads out of
> Juneau!).
>
> -Marc

I smell a convoy brewing...
cathy