OMG! It's not the heat, well...

OMG!  It's not the heat, it's the humidity.  Well, it is the heat and
humidity actually.

Last night, I took out the 16V to ride over and look at the car Julie is
buying and get her some information. (Did I send you the VIN?) I left the
house at 6:45 PM.  We have been under heat advisories for about the last
week. When I left it was still 98*.  With the heat index the real feel was
109.  At 6:45 PM people?!?! God, I love the south, but please, a little help
here?!

To make a long story short, about four blocks from my house the car just
dies right after taking off from a stop.  Coast to the side of the road, try
to restart.  not gonna do it.  The motor was turning, but not dice.  SUCK!
It's TOO HOT!  There I am already drenched is sweat, longing to get home and
jump back in the shower and the car won't go any where.  A couple of minutes
under the hood and I found the culprit.  On the 16V there are two ground
wires that are joined into one single crimp and attached to the negative
cable right at the post.  It sheared at the connector.  What do these go to
that the car would run with it, but not with out them?  Anyone know?

I was able to MacGyver the line to get over to John's house and check out
Julies new ride and then back to mine without incident.  I am just curious
what those grounds lead to that are able to kill the car with out them
properly attached.

Dave

David Winchell, II

87 2.0L 16V Scirocco