Solder, Crimp or Screw terminals?

> - After things have cooled and there is a confirmation
> of a good connection, coat the new end with something
> to keep moisture and O2 out.Liquid-Tape is kind of
> nice, Plasticoat does a decent job under the hood. I
> have found most shrink-tube to be disappointing in
> that it gets brittle over time and with the heat the
> motor produces. (In the rest of the car this isn't
> such a problem.)

In this application, I don't know that I'd use heat shrink either, but
there IS specific heat shrink for hot locations. It's black, but I have to
say that in my world, heat shrink is never an expensive disappointment, as
the kid does (av grade) wiring all day long, and they buy it in huge
quantities, my cost is minimal (well, I have to keep feeding him). But they
use different grades for high vs normal temp applications. They never use
heat on a connection except to shrink the wrap.
Cathy