What type refrigerant came on our cars? I too want my AC back

Dan Bubb <jdbubb@verizon.net> wrote:
I would imagine that in your case, the system not having been run in forever, that you probably have a very low refrigerant charge. There is a switch in the system that prevents the clutch from engaging and the compressor from running if the charge pressure is too low.
So, the first question is, is the face of the clutch actually turning when you turn your AC on or is the pulley just freewheeling???
If the clutch is actually engaging then there are a multitude of things that could be wrong.

  BALLS, It is H-O-T Out there....... I have been spending a great amount of my work weeks out of the office as of late and man it is hot!!!

  Any how... The compressor is freewheeling. I noticed that I did not see or hear the compressor kick on. So I looked at it and the pulley spins, but not the actual compressor. Guess that is good in a way.

  Dan you talked about o-rings I think I had seen them on Ebay

  El Tony