What type refrigerant came on our cars? I too want my AC back

R-12  It's the good stuff.  Be careful not to loose any if you get some.
That stuff is too precious to let it escape.

-----Original Message-----
From: Neptuno [mailto:neptunonc@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 9:32 PM
To: Scirocco-L
Subject: What type refrigerant came on our cars? I too want my AC back

Ok List,

  Was it the  50 refrigerant oil that came on our cars? I can not
remember..... I believe that I saw some of this stuff on Ebay....what is
funny about it is that I thought that we could not "legally" use the
stuff....what is the status of that legality issue?

  I was finally able to find the correct belt to put arround that factory
(york) compressor. The thing about it is that now that the belt is in place
I really dont know if it is working. It is spinning, the blower inside the
car is blowing, but no cold air :( It is a shame, and it is so freeking hot!

  EL Tony