50mm intake, was Re: ebay link

Hey Don,

Yeah, I don't notice any piston slap at all. it is kind of lopey for a while
though. Seems like it runs like a V8 for the first couple minutes. After it
warms up it smooths out a little. I do notice that it takes about 15 minutes
before the power actually shows up. It takes about 5 minutes for the
temperture needle to center out. Though it doesn't seem to be warmed up that
quick. I can really notice a difference between 5 minutes and 20 minutes of
driving. I wonder if that is the pistons not being heated enough. Don't know
if you've noticed that on your car. I don't really mind the wait though.
Want to make sure that it is totally warmed up before jumping on it. On the
leak, I did notice a small leak under the timing belt cover. They fixed that
lickety split and haven't had it since. I think mine are the Autotech Sport
cams.

What is driving your clutch like? I had a buddy that did a VR6 with a Vortec
supercharger on his mark 3 gti. He had a race clutch that was either engaged
or not. Not slipping or anything. I told the shop that did my car that it
would be driven daily and didn't want to suffer through a race clutch. Is
your's like that? My current clutch hasn't had any slipping issues at all.
Seems to work really well.

Thanks!!