Alex/Timbo/Julie!! Tech note request

>  I guess the bigger question is, is it worth the
> money and effort?

I think that's the key.  I mean, I know a mechanic who literally
trolls junkyards until he finds two matching cars with front damage
and rear damage and he buys them both, cuts them and welds them
together.  He's good at what he does and it ends up looking absolutely
perfect to most people and from what I've seen they track fine down
the road.  I wouldn't take one to the track or anything.  Here's the
key, though: He only does Lexus and Mercedes.  Something like a VW
it's simply not worth it.

> Next question: at what point do modifications reach the point of not being
> street legal?
> Craig Steiner

My impression has always been that if the old hot rod guys and even
old dubbers can do some of the ridiculous things that they've done
(i.e. Chop Tops, Sectioning, etc) and get away with it, you can
probably do just about anything you want as long as you can pass
whatever local safety inspections you're subject to and don't do
anythign illegal like shuffle VINs around on salvage cars.  That's one
of the reasons I love being registered in Kentucky and intend to keep
my registration there even if I'm moving around - absolutely no
smog/safety inspections :)

-Grant-