Fwd: Magic Eraser on Rims?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Bennett <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com>
Date: Jul 4, 2006 10:13 AM
Subject: Magic Eraser on Rims?
To: Scirocco List <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>

 Has anyone tried this?  I got them at Walmart and tried them on one of the
curb-rashed teardrops.  It was pretty amazing how EASILY it cleaned
them--they actually shined.  It says it can damage finish/paint on premium
wheels but I didn't see that it would really hurt anything on an old rim
anyway.  I can't see damage to the clear coating on the rim...  In fact they
looked pretty new other than the curb rash.  Very shiny... mmm.... shiny.

Replaced a clutch cable this weekend, and I rewired my extra cigarette
lighter/power port.  Been dealing with this new house (renting) that has NO
grounding ANYWHERE.  90 year old house and it is exempted from current
electrical code--for the most part.  I have found the ancient art of
grounding straps and plumbing to be my friend.  I have no desire to drive a
9 foot copper grounding stake in the ground myself so I think I am going to
raise hell with the owner soon.

Chris

--
80 Scirocco Callaway Indiana Red