Brake bleeder screw sizes

I was ordering "Speed Bleeder" bleed screws for a 1988 GTI and decided
to also order some for my 1984 Scirocco.

The Speed Bleeder manufacturer's site lists SB7100 (M7 x 1) for all four
calipers on the 88 GTI.

It lists the 84 Scirocco as SB7100 (M7 x 1) for the front calipers and,

        			    SB6100 (M6 x 1) for the rear drums

I ordered from a retailer and when my order came in there was a pair of
SB1010 (M10 x 1).  I called them about the SB1010 pair (for the rear of
the Scirocco) and they felt that was the correct part and suggested that
I check the part. I measured the bleed screw and it was M6 for the
threaded portion and the hex appeared to require a 7mm wrench.

I'm told that VW lists two part numbers for the Scirocco fronts:

113 615 273 A	bleeder valve 	M7  x 1

113 615 273  	bleeder valve	M10 x 1

and for the rears:

3A0 611 475	bleeder valve	M7

This gets curiouser and curiouser.

What are the correct sizes?

(I'm assuming that the specs for the bleeder valves follow the
convention used for bolts, that is, a 10 mm bolt has a 10 mm diameter
even though the hex head may be 10 mm.)

My car has ATE calipers. I'm not sure what other brand of calipers were
used for '84.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

PS Neither my local (quality) foreign auto parts supplier nor the two
closest VW dealers had or even stock the bleeder screws. For parts that
regularly rust and snap off, this seems odd. So, if you can determine
what size you need for your Scirocco you might want to consider the
available Speed Bleeders instead of the apparently hard to get OEM
parts.) I ordered the OEM parts from the VW dealer June 19 or 20 (they
were supposed to come in in 2-3 days) and I'm still waiting for them.