90mm vs 100mm - that is the question

> Upgrading a 90mm driveshaft MK2 rocco (4K) to 100mm -
> does it require any spindle clearancing?

So I just read this conversation and it's time for a dum-dum question
from a dummy (me).

90mm vs 100mm, what's better/worse or does it matter?
I'm looking to do some transmission swappage this spring and will be
doing CVs and such.  What do I need to look out for?  Assuming I have
one system (90 or 100) is there any advantage to switching to the
other?  How do I know which I have?

I have a Mk1, and since from the sound of it 100mm was later, I'm
assuming I have 90mm and they're fine for me, but later also usually
means improved, and besides, who knows what's actually in my cars with
all the various swaps that have been done.

Maybe for this reason?  Having studied suspension geometry a bit, I
really like the sound of this:

> I was looking into getting a set of A2 spindles to put on my A1 GTI
> because the A2s have their steering arms (the part that accepts the
> tie-rod?) higher up.  This allows a lowered car to have its' steering arms
> at a more desirable location, parallel with the ground.

Someone school the dummy, oh wise scirocco masters.

-Grant-