90mm vs 100mm - that is the question

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces+peter=thescirocco.com@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+peter=thescirocco.com@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of
Chuck Blue
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 10:12 AM
To: Foxx (in a box); scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: 90mm vs 100mm - that is the question

My experience was as follows as near as I can remember.The 100mm joint is
about 10mm? wider than the 90s.The snapring would not fit in the grove on
the axle.I built a recess in the cv joint so I could slide it further onto
the axle. By eliminating the washer I was able to make it work with the
early axles and spindles.The bolts are also longer on the 100s.I made it
work even tho I'm sure Dr. Porsche would not approve.
   I haven't checked on the spindles yet but I am reasonably sure that there

will be some type of modification necessary.Of course this is on a 79 so it
probably will be different on latter stuff.

ole blue

Hey Chuck,

The CV bolts are the same, but the lock plates are different.

The only difference on the spindles, is that the inside lip, where the outer
stub makes contact, and they can easily be opened up to accept the 100mm
CV's.

I usually pull them from Mk.2's, or buy them cheap.

Peter