16v sunroof repair?

i think i might have to do the whole thing.  the cloth on the sunroof
was extremely water-stained/mold-stained.  also one of the hooklike
metal bars in the mechanism has the end broken off.  i'm going to see
about welding it and grinding the weld smooth, but that sounds iffy
(metal looks very brittle).

what other vw's can i cannibalize?

blake/