replacing vent window glass

hi

i'm in the middle of replacing my movable vent windows (1978) with
fixed windows from a later donor.  i have the movable glass, gasket
and frame out.  my bentley has a procedure for removal, but i'm
having trouble getting the fixed glass back in the door frame.

i have not removed the window (main) glass.  i have removed the screw
at the top of the vertical track that holds the front of the window
glass.  do i need to remove the window glass to get to the screw that
holds the track in place?  this screw is located just below the door
frame directly under where the rear corner of the vent window glass
sits.  this is just above the mounting nut for the armrest.

i'm thinking that if i remove the screw here and the mounting screw
at the base of the track, i can slide the track back and get the vent
glass very easily.  in order to do this, i think i have to remove the
window glass.

does anyone have experience here, or a procedure you can reference?

George Herndon
gherndon@eyeontech.com