Fuel System Q's

On my mk1 I just ran all new lines.  Found it was easier than sourcing
replacements.  I went a little over kill and used a high pressure fuel
line with a stainless steel braided covering.  Good for 700 PSI :)

I just ran it from the pump all the way to the fuel distrib and back again
(for the return).  I still used the bosch fuel filter (did not feel like
putting in a high flow, high pressure cart. filter - too expensive) so I
just used barbed ends on the fuel filter.  Use a good set of fuel line
hose clamps made for what ever size of hose you buy (I think mine as a 3
or 4 an).   Because the engine was in I cheated on the routing and I ran
it up the side of the firewall to the rain train.  Along the rain tray to
the driver side and then across the inner fender to the fuel filter.

I did it because the lines did not look so great, and when I installed the
set of sway bars the lines ran directly in the place I needed to bolt the
swaybar mounts to.  I am not sure how other mk1 deal with this situation
(the hard lines routed in the path of the sway bar).  I have seen people
simply bend the hard lines down and slide the sway bars between the lines
and the floor, but I did not like having a set of fuel lines being the
lowest point on the car...

Cory Langford
'86 Roc turbo,
'78 Roc turbo - Daily driver project,