The Great Brake Escape -

It's Musical Chairs time at the ol Berk homestead. The
focus is on the rear brakes, swapping from one to
another and resulting in a rear disk upgrade on the
'Roc.

 The three cars in question are:

- 81 Scirocco w/ (a 'new' spring kit installed on)
standard rear drum brakes.
The rear set of brakes get sent to:

- 82 Rabbit w/ thrashed M/C (I have a spare) AND a
thrashed rear drum wheel cylinder.
It's whole rear brake setup, (spindles, bearings and
all), get sent to:

- 86 Golf GTI w/ Rear DISK Brakes.
_It's_ rear spindles and such then end up on the
Scirocco.

The worst parts of the two Drum sets ends up on the
Golf.

(which while it used to be a decent auto is just a
shell now and the only reason it needs rear brakes is
to provide the rear wheels something to attach to.)

So, other than the following, what might I run into,
problem-wise?:

- I have two (2) in-line brake proportioning valves to
compensate for the different rear setup. (They came
from a 16V.)

- I am planning on installing the rear disk calipers
on the opposite side, and therefore upside-down, to
accommodate the rear hardline length. (btw, This will
require the calipers be bled prior to final mounting.)

My main concern might be that I'll need new Parking
Brake cables; I'm installing A2 rear disk calipers,
upside-down, on an A1 chassis.

Wail away, but please <snip> when replying.

I 'tank you,
TBerk