> >  Repeat
> >  DO NOT BUY FROM HIM!!!
> >  Thanks,
> >  Brian
> >
> >  -85 Scirocco 8vT
> >  -01 Jetta 20vT
> >  -84 Rabbit GTI
> >  -98 Jetta GT

My 16Vs CF hood's from them, admittedly it was a second, and it was reduced
somewhat in price as a result. In my case, it met my needs (light weight,
no rust, it was local, there was one). The first hood was so bad that my
body guy said it was beyond fixing, the second required a lot of filler to
flatten it, but fitment is not great, and there's still a dimple. Fine if
you intended to paint it, but for most people, at least half the point of
CF is to NOT paint it, and light weight isn't enhanced by filler either.
I'd say mine either sits straight OR opens properly. And this is a hood,
how much easier will it be to make a fender that fits? (Thought so...) So
that was my experience regarding quality.
Service? Well, good luck. It's essentially "I have your money, so good
bye". When I went over the first time, the owner totally ignored a guy who
was there having a body kit put on. The car had been there six months, and
was still ot even close to being done, and in no shape to drive as it
stood. But he did not even respond when the guy spoke to him. (Isn't that
common courtesy?) I was loading the hood as this (non) exchange was going
on. So when I went back to exchange the hood, I phoned and told him it was
a two hour drive, and wanted to be sure he was there. I show up, just some
poor epoxy coated immigrant greeted me (and I'm not a big fan of businesses
who exploit cheap labour either, this guy's working conditions were not
great) Anyway, the worker tried to phone the boss, I hung around there a
long time and the boss eventually showed up, and was less than gracious
about the whole mess.
Another buddy of ours with a ten second Datsun 510 had fitment problems
with his hood too. Again, several trips. How much shipping would that be in
most cases?
I'd be looking elsewhere if it was for my Klausie, that's for sure.
cathy