Jump box recommendations

On 10:31:31 am 01/08/06 GGehrke <ggehrke@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with those jump boxes?  You know, the
> little packs that you charge up in an outlet and carry with you in the
> car for dead batteries?
>
> I had to jump my scirocco yesterday (i mean, it had been sitting in
> the cold not being driven since the end of october) and even when I
> drove it I needed another jump later that night.  I am about to go
> back out to it, and i'm sure it's going to be dead again.
>
> Anyways, I figure I'll just go to autozone and pick up whatever
> they've got, but if anyone has any recommendations or other places to
> look, I'm open to suggestions.
>
> I think today I'm also going to try to tackle some of my other
> electrical gremlins, such as how when I turn on my lights, my tach
> starts fluttering, the coolant temp idiot light flashes with RPMs
> instead, and dash lights dim as my speed (not RPMs) increase so that
> above about 15mph they're completely out.  Not cool.

Since Brother Tosha is in lurk mde more often than not, I'll say it.
Grounds, grounds, and grounds. Not the used ones from the coffee maker
either. Maybe even the bastard under the airbox. Or to the tranny, or
whatever, you know, it'll be grounds. And maybe get that battery tested
too. (here I sit after moving the trickle charger from car to car this
morning, LOL.)

As for the booster packs, I have several and keep one in the daily, sort of
like carrying an umbrella so it won't rain. I've used it on other people's
cars as much as my own, I figure I should pay back the world for all the
help I've had from the list. Okay, enough, I have Roccos to do battle
with....

Cathy