Water Temp

In addition to the disappearing oil, the water temp warning light went on
yesterday for no apparent reason after about 10 minutes of stop and go
driving.  I pulled off, checked what I could, started back up and everything
was fine (no light).  It wasn't too cold out, about 55 F.  The gauge wasn't
indicating high, just the flashing red light.  Oil temp was also normal.
Coolant is due for a change before I head out to Oklahoma, but otherwise
looks normal with normal levels.  Oil is relatively clean too, as I have to
keep adding some every week.  Any ideas?

Craig Steiner
88 Alpine White 16V