parts clarifacation

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 19:56:03 -0500, Greg Pallett <greg.rocco@gmail.com>
wrote:

>So I'm mentally preparing to replace the clutch cable, as asked about in a
>previous email.
>On the Vintage watercoolds site, they suguest 3 parts and pn's for the job
>
>Potterman only seems to list 2 parts, the cable itself, and the rubber
>washer.
>
>The last 3 parts, are indicated as being part of a kit - no mention of that
>at pottermans.  It looks like those might be parts I could re-use off my
>car.
>Can someone confirm/deny this?  I'd hate to be screwed when almost done with
>the job.

I admit to getting by (several times) doing the cable without
replacing either the rubber cushion/washer or the trick slotted gizmo
that grabs the cable end.  If those parts on your car are still ok,
reuse them.  But, if you do have an extra $5 or so, it will probably
get you brand new non grease-caked examples.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9