Tree Sap

Thanks all for the replies.

  It wasn't on the scirocco, no he's safely sleeping in the garage, but my freshly washed DD.

  Left the gti in the driveway under a leafless tree so I could pull out Ellen's corrado to find out why the central locking quit working from the DS door, it's fine on the pax side.

  It's working now except for arming the alarm, arms from the pax side though, go fig.

  Pull her's back in, go to get in mine and it looks like nickel size raindrops on the windows and roof, grabbed a micro cloth started wiping and some of it was already dried, and the rest just SMEARED across the roof, the wipers were the first thing I turned on, prior to above,  and yes, smeared all across the windshield and on the wiper blades.

  Good News: I saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico, and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night! (not really but I've gotta make a funny or cry)

  Tonee

wrote:

> > Anyone recommend a good tree sap remover for automobiles?
>
> Vegetable oil or mayonnaise is what us old carpenters use to dissolve
> "pitch" (carpenterese for tree sap) off of skin. If it's cooked on,
> you may need something mildly abrasive with the above.
>
> Gordon
> 75 Mk I/Drake 1.9

I've also used butter or vaseline on my pruners, what you want is a
non-polar solvent that will not eat away your paint. So Gordon's edibles
fall into that category too.
Cathy