CV 'Quick Boots' from '78-79 Dodge Omni

--- Dan Bubb <jdbubb@verizon.net> wrote:
> There is an earlier version of outer CV that does
> not have the type of circlip that can be "jumped".

Thanks, Dan.  I had taken my '85 & up Bentley with me
to MD, but when I checked my '84 & under Bentley last
night and found that info, too.  Guess this might be a
really early shaft.  I'll look for the circlip that
needs spreading, and if it doesn't exist (meaning it
is a post-80 axle) then I'll just reboot w/ the
quickboot method and bring it up to Chevy Chase.