How to identify a Mk1 S

> shown is for the '81 though only in Cosmos Silver and Cirrus Grey ones. The
> Mars red came with the same stripe pattern but in greyscale.

These seats:
http://www.xgtgx.com/img/Scirocco/pages/DSCN0035.htm

Which also (not sure if they're significant different from regular
scirocco seats as both of my cars have had the seats swapped) are
really very comfortable and sporty.

> Also, Gordy's observation about the woodgrain is actually the exact opposite.
> There should be no woodgrain in the car and the dash should have no holes where
> the wood grain strips go. Not that an S dash can't be swapped in mind you...ask
> me how I know... :)

I was told this is also an S dash.  I'm no expert, but it does
demonstrate lack of wood trim:

http://www.xgtgx.com/img/Scirocco/pages/DSCN0037.htm

And for the record the car is not an S, but the P.O. put a full S
interior in.  This is my '79.

-Grant-