How to identify a Mk1 S

OKay, I figured I should ask the experts :)

I am going to look at what is supposed to be a mint '81 S.

So exactly what made an S?

I know they had the S badging :)

It should have the S front spoiler (not there, but has an excuse).  What
about other options.  All the S mk1's I have seen seem to have the black
bolster front seats with the redish centers.  Were there other options on
an S or was there only one interior?

The pics sent show black and grey seats.

Were there a specific vin range for the S?

I believe it should also have the higher rated speedo should it not?  What
was it, 140 mph?

TIA

Cory Langford
'86 Roc turbo,