Help me with my Mk1 shopping list

So I've budgeted $4-5K on the car over the next few weeks, including
stuff for the BMW (tires, cover, cost of transport)
I think I have a good idea where I want to go with it, but would like
some input from those much more knowledgable than myself.

Overall I want to build a car that will be a very solid performer on
the road.  I don't track it (though I may autox a bit this year if
there's time).  I want it to be relatively comfortable, but at this
stage I'm the type that's honestly willing to sacrifice comfort (i.e.
I have no AC now and it's not a problem for me).  I'm not afraid to do
major work and definitely don't want to do things halfway.  Focus is
on handling and reliability.  Power could come up a bit but at this
point I'm not thinking of going too nuts.  This is, also, where I'm
least knowledgable.
So far it has a set of pretty nice headlights and a pretty thorough
brake overhaul (new rotors by the P.O. and I've replaced the MC,
calipers, pads, shoes and SS lines) but that's about it.

Here's what I'm thinking:

+Fix up the electrics
  -Painless wiring harness (already have)
  -Rear mounted Optima Red Top (already have)
  -90A alternatore (already have, but apparently requires pulley modification)
  -Relayed lights, beefy grounds, etc
  -Bulbs and such for signals
  -Misc switches, etc
  -Budgeting $150 (not including wiring harness/battery/alt)

+Replace 1 wheel/tire ($175)
  -Rotate others
+Headers/Full Exhaust ($400)
+Engine Mounts (have em)
+Little fix type stuff
  -Clutch cable bushing
  -Timing Belt, V-belt, Timing Belt Cover
  -Total $35ish
  -May need wheel bearing(s) and/or CV(s)
  -I should probably replace all the hoses because some of them are
hacked together.  Anyone know where I could find a complete, new set?

+Suspension
  -Koni Sport shocks ($580)
  -GC Coilovers / Springs ($400)
  -"Total Poly" Bushing kit ($100)
  -Camber Plates with spacers ($300)
  -Sway Bars?  Stress Bars?  Recommendations?

+Transmission swap
  -I have a 5 speed (Don't know code off hand) in my 79 that I want to
put in it because it has a stock 4 speed now.  It will likely need
somewhat of a rebuild, and I have NO IDEA where to start with that.
Any thoughts on what I will need to do to it?  It works very well on
the current car so I don't want to do anything too major (read: $$) to
it.

+Camshaft (G-Grind?  Recommendations?) ($150-250)
+Cam Gear (lightweight adjustable) ($125)
+Lightened Flywheel ($150)

+Probably a moderate stereo ($400ish)

Interior is pretty much fine for now and exterior is tolerable.  I'll
want to do a lot of cosmetic type work on it, but that's down the
road.  I am going to do little stuff like repair and remount my
duckbill, paint and attach my emblems, collapse bumpers, add fogs, add
Fuba antenna, etc.  This might be a good time to spring for Kirsten's
turn $ignals.

What other little maintenance type stuff should I do before going nuts
with aftermarket?  What aftermarket parts have I left out that I just
cannot live without?

Even with all that and a bit of buffer for unexpected things popping
up I am still under budget, which is a very nice place to be.

-Grant-