Bleeding coolant system

No, I don't have an overflow bottle, but filling thru the rad hose and keeping
the rpm up sounds like a good idea for next time.
Mind you, just putting the cap on seemed awfull easy:)
Ed

On 7:38:29 pm 02/03/06 "David Utley" <fahrvergnugen@cox.net> wrote:

> [...]
Okay, but does it not depend on what the cooling system is like? On Klaus,
he has the "wet the bed" overflow method, (which he used in a spectacular
fashion at an air cooled show once) unlike my 16V. And many 8Vs have that
overflow bottle too, but I'm not sure that Ed's has one. If it's like my
16V, you fill both rad and block via the upper rad hose, then burb until it
settles down. Which it will do quickly if you fill both engine and rad. I
honestly don't recall doing anything too unusual on Klaus, I think I just
filled from the rad cap, but I may have defaulted to the 16V method as I've
done it more often. Which reminds me, she's likely due for a flush.
Cathy