Need some help

check plugs and wires.  pull the plugs and put it on the motor while holding
the sparkplug went of the wires with a pair of pliers to see if its
sparking.  do this to each spark plug.  and if its not sparking start back
tracking the ignition system from there to the distributor to the coil to
the ECU.  If it sparks check fuel and back track from there.  it could be
the fuel pumps.  if they aren't getting enough voltage it won't start and it
will smell like gas.  if the plugs aren't getting enough current it won't
fire right.  check the timing.  your belt could have jumped a tooth and it
won't start.  check compression you could have some thing internally wrong
and it won't start.  break out holy red bentley bible and neal and then pray
to the vw gods for it to work and then check the wiring to see if everything
is getting the right voltage.