Hussein Executed

-----Original Message-----
From: David Utley [mailto:fahrvergnugen@cox.net]
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2006 10:08 AM
To: 'Chris Bennett'; 'Scirocco List'
Subject: RE: Hussein Executed

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Bennett [mailto:scirocco16vr32@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 10:03 PM

Not because I fear some lame reprisal from the Baath party remnants...
I think he was much more useful alive, and he should have rotted in a
cell.  I believe in the death penalty... don't mistake that, but I
think any loss of life--even his, needs a good reason.  What was the
benefit of his hanging, over life in prison?  120-something people he
ordered to die, and that SHOULD be punished, but would his country and
world be better served with him dead?

--------------------

It is better served in that he will never have a chance to kill again.  You
-can- escape from prison, but you cannot escape death.

I value life, all life as well, which is why I support the death penalty.
To save lives, you occasionally have to take one.  And Saddam was the most
fitting sacrifice I can think of.

Hitler was lucky in that he killed himself, Saddam was not as smart/strong.

My .02

David

BTW, a fitting clip for this moment...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c11/Wtart/AnimFunny/HangYourself-vi.gif