VM Ware

> >From what I have gathered it seems that you can surf the net in a
> VMware environment and it doesn't pass cookies or history
> data to the host machine.  Is this true?

Correct.  Those cookies would be saved within the vmware machine, on it's own (virtual) drive, which is contained within the vmware
image of that system.

> I have loaded up VMware 5.5 on my personal computer and have
> created a virtual machine running XP Home.  If I wanted to
> play a game or surf the net, I am hoping that I can do that
> and isolate the host.

Whatever is done on the virtual machine, stays on the virtual machine.  The only way to 'cross over' is to map a network share on
either the real or virtual machines, and map that on the opposite machine, transfering files over the lan bridge.

> Thoughts?  Suggestion?

If the above didn't answer it, just ask more.

HTH
Al