lowering blather

>  The Bilsteins were what was on it.  They still are.  Perhaps a
>set of KYB/Tokico units would not have held up, I can't say.  What
>I do know is that I've had completely satisfactory results.  Hey,
>if the other experts can recommend, torching, cutting, replacing,
>I certainly recommend another, different solution.
>
>  As far as being more likely to bottom out, this is true...and I
>mentally debated this before I performed the modification.
>Fortunately, through good VW design (excess stock travel?), good
>SoCal roads, and/or just plain good luck, only once since the
>change have I actually bottomed out....and in that one case, I was
>going WAY too fast for a dip I knew was coming up but didn't  get
>slowed down for: my fault.
>   My experience says the chance of bottoming out is only slightly
>greater than with the stock setup.

This is something I have been planning for my daily for a couple of months
now and your experience is encouraging.  I hope to get my hands on some
sruts housings in a couple of weeks.  I was shooting for about 3/4" of front
drop to offset the sagging rear and create a slight rake.  Sound about
right?

jim