From: raveracer77 [mailto: raveracer77@yahoo.ca]

To: scirocco16vr32@gmail.com, type53@gmail.com

     Cc: Scirocco-l@scirocco.org

Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 14:01:57 -0700

Subject: SUPER Rant WAY OT: You Americans...

she will never call herself an American and she would punch anyone in the mouth who would insist she is.  She's a tough girl, I wouldn't have married anyone else, but bless her heart, she wants to come anyway just because she loves me.  If on a crazy chance I manage to save some time off and have a mobile street legal Dub to drive up to Cincy, be warned, she's not an American.  She is most definately Canadian, Hungarian Second, German third, Eastern European fourth.  If you're going to call her American you might as well call her Nazi, that's how she feels.<br><br>    Never tell a Canadian what he / she is, you never know what baggage they may carry from living next door to the border, but they may smile and turn the other cheek and resent you for it quietly until it boils over in a massive attack verbal or otherwise on one poor singled out ignoramus (Anne Coulter looks like a prime target).  But you don't know, there's a good chance that you'll meet an immigrant who's
working to make his life better (same as here) but he still considers himself to be a countrymen of his homeland first, then Canadian (not quite the same as here). <br><br>    I accept the title of North American for myself.  Having spent significant time in all three countries that make up 90% of this continent as well as the dozen or so other countries that own territories off the coast, BUT!!!!  When I travel to Europe, I am Canadian.  In the spirit of the argument I'll say something as ignorant as I'm allowed to say as an American:  Australians can tell the difference, a Canadian will walk up and say, may I have a Fosters and will be handed a beer.  An American will walk up and say "SO!  YOU'RE FROM AUSTRALIA, HA, LET'S PUT ANOTHER SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE!!!   GET IT?  GET IT?  HAHAHA!".<br><br>    Canadians are not without their own stigma either.  Having lived in Florida deep within Snow Bird territory I can tell you that Florida does not all have a good opinion of
Canadians, but Snow Birds are that part of us who come from one group.  Elderly, wealthy, snotty, cheap.  If in your entire life you've only ever met Texans and that was your impression of America, it wouldn't be accurate, but somehow one type of people all go to the same place and that's how Florida thinks of Canadians.<br><br>    Again I'll say that not every time and American leaves his country will he / she encounter an angry mob, but unless you have had the unique opportunity to be both Canadian or American in these situations repeatedly no one can tell you what it's like to be the other with an objective point of view.  Don't be fooled though, we might all be North Americans, but not all of us are allowed across this entire continent, not very North American of us now is it.  Other Countries make the distinction and that is what makes the titles different.  In Glasgow you tell them you're Canadian, they'll welcome you.  London, welcomed.  Paris, very welcomed.  St
Maarten, Antigua, Guadeloupe, Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Barbados, Dominica, Australia, England, Scottland, France, all welcome Canadians.  On return visits to these places with an "American" Passport, not so welcomed.  Telling people face to face that I'm an American, their eyes don't light up the same way if at all as when I tell them I'm Canadian.  Truly, I feel sorry for those who are forced to claim the title of American and have no other title they can use.  I predict in the near future when this world turns upside down Americans may fear for their lives the same way Jews did during the Nazi reign and the same way the Nazis did when they fell.  Nazis, Napolean, Rome, Greece, Gauls, Ming dynasty, all great empires ended with severe bloodshed, America is this eras greatest empire and indeed the greatest empire this planet has ever seen in all it's history.<br>    Should I stand on a street corner with a sign "The End is Near"?  No, China never felt the fall of the Roman

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.