lowering?

-----Original Message-----
From: Allyn

Note that taking a coil off of an 8v spring (to slightly lower an 8v
equipped car), will result in a decent rate that is not too
crazy.

(in reference to the posts from earlier today) - This is entirely different
than taking several coils off of a 16v spring, as it
starts at a higher spring rate before the cut, and cutting more coils as
nexessary for acceptable ride height on an 8v equipped car
only amplifies the effect further.

HTH
Al

The cut front 16V springs on my '83 Rabbit GTI, worked great.
It sits like a stock Rabbit, but it's really stiff, and it handles great
with Bilsteins HD's.

Most people that cut springs usually leave the stock shocks on, and if
they're not already blown, they will be soon, because you need something to
handle the higher spring rate.

The thing I like with stock springs, is that they're usually linear rate.

Peter