lowering

  By the way, from a mathematical perspective, spring rate is inversely
proportional to the number of coils, so it's easy to figure out how much
removing a coil will increase your spring rate.

New rate = Old rate * ( original # coils / new # coils )

  So say your front springs have 5 complete, active coils (don't count that
flat coil at the bottom or top).   Removing a complete active coil means 5
/4, or 5 original / 4 after chopping = 1.25, or a 25% increase in spring
rate.

  So I can't answer your question "would it be fine?", but I can say that a
25% increase in spring rate sounds like a lot....  Would chopping half a
coil get you enough lowering?

  And of course, let me know if the math or theory is wrong (which I'm sure
everyone will).

                                         - Mark M

Get free, personalized online radio with MSN Radio powered by Pandora
http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001