lowering?

    can i just cut the spings to lower the front end or sould i just buy some lowering springs?

  I took a chance and cut the springs I was installing on Dieter when I first got him.  The original springs were shot and I had a pair of '83 GTI springs I had scrounged from a wreck.  The GTI springs stood the front end up too high since they were for a heavier car so I got out the big grinder and relieved the springs of their bottom coils.  This lowered the front end to a nice angle but preserved the handling.  My experience may be unique but it worked fine with no detramental effects, the car handles fine and rides fairly smoothly.  I installed Boge shocks and they are still fine as far as I can tell.  My 2 cents worth.
  Behrle