Picked up my winter beater...

On 12/11/06, Neptuno <neptunonc@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am not sure that it is an 83. Maybe and 84 with and added later rear
> hatch. Maybe a vin number verification is in order?

I forgot to mention it's actually an 84 - the seller listed it incorrectly...

> The solid glass is a great find, unless you are like me and just love to see
> that wiper move back there
>
> Strange flares I have no clue on that.....
>
> Saved another one that is trully the best part!

Well I don't know about "saved".  I'm certainly not ambitious enough
to tackle the rust/rot issues, as I consider this one too far gone.
If it was a Mk1 I may have considered it though...  ;)

I might weld some reenforcement metal into the rear beam mount
location to extend the car's useful life as a winter beater (the
rockers should hold up for a few more years), but it's hard to justify
putting the time and money into getting this car to my liking (even as
a beater)  - especially a car that's on it's last legs...

Knowing me, I will probably start to feel sorry for the damn thing
over the next few days, and decide to try and give one last (albeit
short) life...  I've been down that road before...  :)

Later,

Mark.
75
82