  From: C Boyko
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 05:13 AM
  Subject: OT Newer VW auto tranny questions

  Okay, so the boy is like resident dub-head where he works. So one of the
  guys has a 97 Jetta with an auto tranny, he says it's been leaking for
  years, and that you can't add fluid. True or false?

  Also, would an auto tranny from a B3 Passat (91) fit his at all (Passat was
  a 16V, we're assuming a 2.slow for the Jetta)? I know nothing about auto
  trannies, can't even drive an automatic actually. Sort of like AC, just get
  rid of it, you know? Anyway, input is appreciated. SOmeone will know, I bet
  :)
  Cathy