Julie's busy day and a few Q's

The clutch was changed to day on the 16v. I learned a lot.
1) An air socket is a handy tool. Well until you find your self lying on the hose. man it makes reassembly much faster.

2) A transmission jack is Great! The best $40.00 I have spent (well in a while). I got it about 6 months ago, and it really makes extraction and replacement of the transaxle MUCH easier.

3) Doing a clutch on a 16v with the K bar, tortion bar, hoses and bloody wires is, well it just sucks. *v'ers have the advantage. (Even though they are only using half the valves :)

Q. I have a speedo cable that needs replacing, but its stuck in the transaxle. What can I do to get it out?

Q. The transaxle has 4 wires, but they only "passingly" match that of the Bentley for the 87-88 Scirocco. What do they do?

Man my hands hurt, backs ok. Did some stretching before, during and after the "operation". It was a good day :)

Off to bed real early tonight :)