more on the 3A, 9A, ABA debate

I'm in the negotiation stages right now with the 9A block and 3A motor.
Question number #1
The 3A head - is this something I could use or not? If it doesn't match up for a VW 8v or 16v intake manifold it doesn't seem much use for my plans.

Question number #2
Someone said that the ABA block will fit the same motor mounts and positions as the 1.8 I have in the scirocco?

Question number #3
If I went with an ABA for a 8v, 16v or 16v turbo what additional concerns would I have +/- going with the ABA over the 3A or 9A?

I've read from you guys there is 16mm deck height difference, rod angle and piston shape also compression ratios.

My plans....(dreams) are to make my 16v turbo scirocco a 16v 2.0 turbo and the Jetta a 2.0L 8v or 16v.  This is not an over night project for me since I've got alot of other things to work on now. (short shift kit, Megasquirt, suspension work)  And in fact it may go the way of alot of dream that never happen, but I've got a couple extra $$$ to play with right now to aquire parts if the price is right so I'd like to make some smart choices without being educated enough to make them on my own right now.  8-) Hence my relying on the expertise of you guys that have been here and done that.

Thanks
David