CIS gurus, please advise (tech)...

> I'm far from a CIS guru anymore but here goes anyway.
> From looking at the CIS schematic if you have fuel pressure
> at the cold start valve, then you should have pressure on the
> top of the control plunger. So, that part doesn't make any
> sense at all.

Basically, as long as you have pressure maintained up to the fuel distributor, you will get flow from the cold start injector line.
So checking for pressure at that point eliminates everything upstream (including the pressure regulator to some extent as well).
The pressure is also supplied to the top of the piston (plunger) in order to act as the counterbalance to the airflow force lifting
the sensor plate, and actually serves no other real purpose, as injector flow comes from a different part of the assembly (sides,
not top).

> Other than that it seems that you won't get any flow from the
> injectors if the lower chamber pressure is higher than it
> should be. Either the DPR or the pressure regulator could be
> causing that.

Yup, that's the stuff I'm gonna check out.  I would have done so today, but life just got in the way...

> Can't think of much else.
> Dan

Thanks man
Al