CIS gurus, please advise (tech)...

Initially sees like vapor lock, but if it sat for a day, that should
have cured it.

Sticky Plunger? Isn't there a direct line of fuel to the cold start
injector? That could explain why the cold start injector had fuel, but
not the others. If I recall correctly, the plungers are matched to the
specific fuel distributor. That suggests that a tiny bit of debris could
mess up the FD. Maybe cleaning the plunger and its path might be one
thing to try.  That's my theory, anyway.

Chris