Don Representin .Org at Treffen

For your first autox ever, I think that time is very good Don.  Those
SPT tires are quite good in my experience, much better than the 712s
that they replaced, but get a set of azenis and take it to the next
level in terms of grip for short courses like this autox.  They get a
bit too hot when pushed hard, but overall they are a nice tire for
street-tire classes such as sts, sm, etc.  For some autox dot compounds
or some road race compound tires, I highly recommend this guy on ebay:
http://stores.ebay.com/Race-Tires-USDRRT
He sells used race tires that typically have 3/4 tread left for very
reasonable prices.  Doesnt always have a huge selection, but keep
checking for what you are looking for.  For people that are learning to
race or that dont run many events in a year, its a great deal for tires
that are broken in but not used up, and are typically about 25% of new
prices.  I have 6 hankook r30 compound dot race tires from him that I am
using for autox, they have been pretty good, they get a little greasy
when overheated, but seemed to grip nicely this weekend on the shorter
autox course.

Eric