Track day North Report

On 9:33 pm 08/20/06 "Mark F." <mk1mark@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/20/06, C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> >  Anyway, you missed it if you weren't here, we had a blast!!!!
> >  Thanks to all who came, it was great to see all of you!
> >  I can do it again in October, so LMK if there's interest eh?
>

> Oh ya there's interest!  I can't wait for the next one.

Oct 8th, that's the date. So plan on it. Same deal, sleep here, $75
unlimited (plus $20 admission), or they'll likely have the 10 laps for $20
deal on again too, that's 10 X 3kms, so it's enough time to get a feel for
it...or you can time trial or race on the quarter mile.

To everyone
> who didn't make it this weekend, you missed out on a GREAT time!  I'm
> still smiling!  Anyone else feeling a bit odd today?  Non-stop
> adrenaline rushes all day long must have affected my brain chemistry -
> either that or I'm going through track withdrawal...  :)
>
> I'm happy to report that the two week marathon session to revive Mark
> Peele's tired 82 ("Knife") into a fun daily/occasional track car
> finished JUST in time for Track Day North.  It's longest drive was to
> Cathy's (about 45 minutes away) before logging around 150km of almost
> non-stop abusive pounding on the track.  And believe me, I know how to
> abuse the fuck out of a car!  :D

Oh yeah, you sure do! And with skill and finesse too!! Three-wheels-R-US,
eh? (and what a great grin you have! Sure saw it a bit!!!) And congrats on
an obviously successful build eh?

  I had an absolute BLAST, and
> can't wait to do it again.  To whoever is on the fence about trying
> your hand at tracking your car - just fucking do it!

I even tried it, and if you're worried about it, you can ride with someone
to get an idea what to do, and a feel for the layout of the track. There
are enough great drivers in this group that I'm sure they'd give you tips
too, I'll be mooching them next time. And it's easy enough to let the
faster cars past if you're worried that you're holding them up, and the
track is very forgiving, if you miss a turn you just run of onto grass,
there's only one hard wall, which is easily avoided. So yeah, just fucking
do it!!!
See you in October eh?
Cathy