More Amp-erage

> If you pull out the seats it is easy to run the wires under the rug. Try to
> separate the power and remote wires from the speaker and RCA wires. This
> reduces interference.
> If you are running a power from the battery just punch a hole in  one of the
> rubber plugs in the firewall. Just make sure it is easily accessible from
> the inside too.
> A good ground is often overlooked. It also can reduce interference and
> prevent power loss on big notes.
> It is also good to run heavier speaker wire than the stock. 14 gauge is
> usually a reasonable alternative, although 12 gauge is preferable.

   i'll second this (removing the seats), though i found out by running
the central locking, not wires. i've also considered running the power
wire down the left side of the car under the carpet as about half the
cars i've stripped haven't been glued there and the taillight harness
runs through there as well; i would then run the speakers cables down
the right side in the same location. alternatively you could always go
up the center where there is current wiring for the fuel pump, iirc. and
for what it's worth, when i installed the rear speakers into my dad's
rabbit i ran the wires through the a-pillar and above the headliner.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com